The Guidance Program of the school focuses on the total personal development of students. It provides an avenue for students to discover and enhance their potential and God-given gifts. It was created to offer different services that will cater to the individual needs of students and help them in their personal growth as well as in their adjustment to their school environment. The collaboration among the administrators, faculty and staff, parents and students is essential in order for Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus to continuously live by the spirit of its Foundress, Saint Candida Ma. De Jesus.
A. General Objective
To guide students in recognizing and honing their unique gifts to become fully functioning individuals, by providing them assistance in their emotional, spiritual, moral, social and intellectual development through the following services which the Guidance Center offers: Admission, Individual Inventory, Life Coaching, Peer Facilitating, Information, Testing, Career Guidance, Homeroom Guidance, Placement, Follow-up and Service to the administrators, faculty and parents.
B. Specific Objectives
- To lead students into realizing and enhancing their God-given abilities, identify their strengths and weaknesses as well as likes and dislikes, to help them become realistic with their goals and in dealing with life in general.
- To help students understand themselves better as well as significant people in their lives through individual, group or classroom encounters with their grade/year level guidance personnel, developing their sense of responsibility, unity, cooperation and teamwork along the way.
- To equip students with the proper skills in developing their ability to make wise choices in dealing with their problems.
- To provide students with the necessary information that would help them make wise and intelligent decisions, especially in choosing a career.
- To be of assistance to administrators, teachers, staff and parents regarding students’ concerns.
- To gather, collate and interpret data that could be of help in improving school programs and services.